Deborah Estrin, Network member, professor of computer science at Cornell Tech and professor of public health at Weill Cornell Medical College, sat on a panel last week hosted at the Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute to help announce the creation of the Healthier Life master’s concentration, which will “confer dual degrees from Cornell and the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology.”
The panel discussion “featured health care industry leaders who examined opportunities for Healthier Life graduates with integrated health care and technological skill sets.” Joining Professor Estrin on the panel were:
- Wendy Mayer, vice president for worldwide innovation at Pfizer;
- Dr. Deneen Vojta, senior vice president of business initiatives and clinical affairs at the Center for Health Reform and Modernization for UnitedHealth Group;
- Nicholas Altebrando, vice president of product innovation at WebMD;
- Dr. Curtis Cole, chief information officer at Weill Cornell Medical College; and
- J.P. Pollak, founder and chief technology officer of Wellcoin and senior researcher-in-residence at Cornell Tech.